Facebook Insights Analysis
This GDS template allows you to take a deep dive into your Facebook audience, whether this is information about location, age, gender, or if they came to your page organically.
Using this template requires multiple connectors. The setup process is slightly more intensive than usual, but follow along with this tutorial, and it'll be a breeze. In short, you will create the following four connectors: FB - Posts, Impressions, Location, Age & Gender.
What can you find in this template?
First, the template offers a few KPIs card that allows quick tracking of some important measures of your audience. Secondly, you can see the development of Engaged Users and Page Views over the past two weeks (due to a Facebook Insights limitation this is the oldest data we're able to provide), as well as an impressions breakdown by paid / organic / viral.
To understand an audience better, we have set up various demographic charts which allow you to see the location of your audience and which age & gender groups are the most active.
Lastly, we have set up a chart showing your Top 5 Posts to see which account for the most impressions, engagements, and likes. You can even reference the table underneath, which offers a more detailed view of each of your posts.
To use the report, set up the connectors like this:
1) Head over to the Connectors page and click "Add New Connector".
2) Select the Facebook Insights platform.
3) Use your credentials to login into your Facebook Insights account.
4) Select the specific data view that you want to retrieve the data from. In case you have just an account logged in, just click on that one.
5) Select one of the templates in order to continue. As previously mentioned, there has to be a connector created from each template.
6) Name your connector and select the appropriate data range that you want to analyse.
7) Create a new Google Sheet to where you will export your data.
8) Once you have all your data exports ready (Age&Gender, Location, Impressions, and Posts), head over to the Google Data Studio template and connect your sheets just like in the picture below. You can now start using the template!